Suzanne works as a cultural ambassador and facilitation consultant, engaging with community-based organizations, underrepresented populations, and all community stakeholders. She helps build productive, authentic relationships to work toward a more inclusive community with opportunities for all.
She leads and develops community participation plans, facilitates sessions with community-based organizations, conducts interviews and surveys, acts as an owner’s representative on major projects in educating and involving community stakeholders, introduces opportunities to interested certified firms, cultivates and makes connections with community members and clients, and maintains transparent communication with the community.
City of Portland Bureau of Transportation | On-Call Community Engagement Services
Consultant, 2019-present (2024)
Providing project management, outreach services for certified firms, subcontracting planning and reporting, subconsultant onboarding and management, program development and oversight, mentorship and capacity building, project progress report management, Commercial Useful Function reviews and training, development project consulting and oversight, diversity program compliance, conflict resolution, project support, focus group facilitation, disparity study support, RFQ coordination, community participation planning, and technical and support services.
Keen Independent Research | Disparity Studies
Community Engagement Consultant, 2019-present
Participating in internal and external stakeholder meetings, conducting in-depth interviews with business owners, and preparing monthly progress reports to analyze whether there is a level playing field for MBE and WBE firms in various industries.
JH Kelly | Oregon Convention Center Hotel (Hyatt Hotels)
Diversity Outreach and Oversight Consultant, 2016-2018
Conducted diversity outreach for this new hotel located north of the Oregon Convention Center, to attract larger conventions to Portland and spur additional economic development in the neighborhoods surrounding the convention center.
Metro | 2030 Regional Waste Plan Community Engagement
Cultural Ambassador and Facilitator, 2017-2018
Served as cultural ambassador and facilitation consultant for community engagement on Metro’s 2030 regional waste plan. Included facilitation of sessions with community-based organizations (sometimes with interpreters), asking people what they know about Metro’s waste plan, and discussing garbage and recycling. Later accompanied the groups on a tour of area recycling plants so they could see how their waste is being processed.
View More Community Engagement Projects
- Wenaha Group | TriMet
- MGT Consulting Group | John Wayne Airport
- TriMet | DBE Consultant Support Services, Technical Assistance Program Development
- Keen Independent Research | Oregon Department of Transportation Disparity Study
- Metro Human Resources Department | Diversity Outreach Process Review, Metro Human Resources Department
- JR Merit | Seattle City Light Mill Pond Dam Removal
- CH2M HILL | TriMet Portland-Milwaukie Light Rail West Segment Final Design
- Granite Construction, Hamilton Construction Company, and Railworks dba Willamette Community Connectors | Qualification Proposal for the TriMet Portland-Milwaukie Light Rail Project
- Andersen Construction | Lake City Village HOPE VI, Seattle Housing Authority
- JE Dunn Construction | Port of Portland Deicing and Treatment System Enhancements, Portland International Airport
- Cooper Zietz Engineers | Portland Development Commission